In the wake of the global Covid-19 pandemic every business in Ireland is having to face and respond to the significant challenges that Covid-19 is causing.
There is a clear need to take action to meet the challenges and effectively protect the welfare of employees and customers alike. So, we have introduced additional measures to facilitate the ‘new normal’ inspection of PRS dwellings as per Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2019.
Inspex recommends that our Inspex Inspection Team and occupiers of rental properties follow the HSE guidelines for protecting yourself, in relation to physical distancing, personal hygiene, respiratory hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
Measures our Inspection Team will undertake
- Hands will be sanitised
- Face masks will be worn
- Shoes will be covered
- Disposal gloves will be worn, hands will be sanitised before disposal gloves are put on
- Physical distancing – 2m – will be maintained between the Inspector and other people while working in and around the property
- Gloves will be sanitised
- Face masks will be removed
- Shoe coverings will be removed & disposed of in waste facility provided
- Disposal gloves will be removed & disposed of in waste facility provided
- Hands will be sanitised after gloves are removed
MUD & Apartments
- Common sense will be used when navigating high-traffic areas like lobbies, stairs and elevators
- Stairs will be taken when possible, otherwise safe elevator etiquette will be observed including the use of a small stick to press an elevator button